Notice: The SpeakUp Gloucester website will be closing permanently effective June 30, 2017, however we still value your input! Feel free to direct comments and suggestions to us through alternate means including directly contacting the county department with questions or comments.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Visit SpeakUpGloucesterVA.info to Sign Up (All information is subject to the Freedom of Information Act).
• You will receive a welcome email. You must click the confirm link and be sure to complete your profile.
• When Signed In to SpeakUp Gloucester, you can submit an Idea, participate in Discussions, Forums, Surveys, and e-Comment on up-coming meeting agenda items.
• You will receive email updates when another user comments on information you contributed.
Focused conversations between staff and residents around predetermined topics.
Gather and prioritize resident’s ideas on specific issues.
Quickly poll residents using single select, multiple choice or open-ended questions.
Gather and prioritize resident’s ideas with an open-ended question (e. g. How can we improve our county?).
Meetings contain agendas for SpeakUp Gloucester’s upcoming public meetings that are open for public comment. Find an item that you wish to comment on and post your opinion. If SpeakUp Gloucester has “register to speak” functionality, you can also request to speak live during the meeting on that item.
You will see this status automatically assigned after submitting an idea. It is recommended to share your ideas through social networking sites and to encourage support through Speak Up Gloucester. Ongoing community conversation and interest on a topic is important for an idea to be considered.
Under review means the idea was referred to a particular department and is currently being evaluated.
This status shows that an idea has gone through the review process and the county has plans for implementation. Ongoing updates on the project will be provided through SpeakUp Gloucester to keep the community in the loop.
Work has begun on implementing the idea.
This status means that an idea cannot be implemented for one reason or the other. At this stage the user will be notified that an idea cannot move forward due to budget constraints, legal issues, or other similar circumstances.
This status denotes an issue that can be fixed immediately and requires no planning.
This shows that an idea has made its way through the entire process and has been completed or implemented.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Comments that do not comply will be removed. All submissions are archived and may be considered a record subject to disclosure pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act:
• We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow personal attacks, comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
• We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• We do not allow comments that are not topically related.
• You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Also, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Gloucester County, Virginia.
Questions concerning the administration of SpeakUp Gloucester should be addressed to SpeakUpGloucester Administrator.
Visit the SpeakUp Gloucester website!