Visit Daffodil Festival Poster Gallery to see all Daffodil Festival Posters and for information on ordering posters.
This year the Daffodil Festival Council has decided to change from a poster format to a Limited Edition Art Print. What we are looking for is art work more representative of a framed art print and less of a poster format. The Daffodil Festival celebrates the heritage of Gloucester, promotes a positive image, creates a sense of community spirit and provides beautification throughout Gloucester County. The winning artist will be obligated to attend the poster unveiling event and the Daffodil Festival to display their artwork. In addition, the winning entry will become part of the 2015 Daffodil Festival celebration. The festival will be held on Saturday, April 11, and Sunday, April 12, 2015.
Entries will be accepted October 31, 2014, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and November 1, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Gloucester Main Street Library.
Art work should be picked up Saturday, November 22, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Cash Awards: First Place - $1,000.00 Honorable mention—$250.00
All accepted artists agree to abide by the following policies and procedures. Failure to do so will result in the removal of your submission from the competition.
- Types of Work: All images submitted to the Daffodil Festival Council, must be original works of art. The contest is open to all mediums. The artwork should not have been entered in any previous competition. The art must include daffodils in a creative but realistic interpretation (Note: All daffodils have six petals.) and should reflect the overall “feeling” of the Daffodil Festival. Artwork should be no smaller than 12” x 16” and no larger than 20” x 30”. The Daffodil Festival Council reserves the right to modify the winning artwork in accordance with the printing process.
- Submission Guidelines: The finished artwork should be ready to hang with complete framing (frame and hanging wire). Paper entries should be matted and framed; all oils and acrylics should be framed and ready to hang. (Oils and Acrylics should be Completely Dry).
- Number of Entries: There is no limit to the number of entries accepted per person. Each entry will require a separate entry fee. Make checks payable to: Gloucester County.
- Submission of Artwork: Artwork should be hand delivered to Gloucester Library, 6920 Main Street, Gloucester, Virginia
ADDITIONAL CONTEST INFORMATION
- Contest entries will be displayed at the Gloucester Main Street Library from November 1, 2014, to November 22, 2014.
- The Daffodil Festival Council cannot accept liability for damage or loss of any artwork submitted, for any cause while in their possession.
- The winning artwork selected for the 2015 Limited Edition Print Contest may not be sold or reproduced by any person or entity other than the daffodil Festival Council for a period of 3 years from the date of the 2015 Daffodil Festival.
- The Daffodil Festival Council reserves the right to reproduce the artwork at a future date for purposes of promoting the Daffodil Festival.
- The unveiling of the winning artwork will be held at Brent and Becky’s Bulbs, 7900 Daffodil Lane, Gloucester, VA 23061, on March 21, 2015, at 3:00 p.m.
- The prints will be sold prior to, during, and after the 2015 Daffodil Festival until all copies are distributed.
- For more information regarding the 2015 Limited Edition Print Contest, contact Tish Miller
- Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Daffodil Festival Limited Edition Art Contest. We look forward to meeting you in person and enjoying your artwork!
- The Daffodil Festival Committee consists of volunteers and representatives from the community working together with Gloucester County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department. The Council shall sponsor a festival and events to celebrate the heritage of Gloucester County and the daffodil industry. The Council shall promote a positive image of the county and the surrounding area and encourage tourism. The Council shall support and promote beautification projects in the county. The Council shall provide scholarship for students of Gloucester County. The Council shall oversee a festival that provides a family atmosphere. The Council shall encourage involvement by individuals and civic organizations, which will create a sense of community.
Applications for 2015 Poster Contest