The 7th Virginia Regiment of the Continental Line Returns to Gloucester!
They were here in 1776 and now they are back!
Revolutionary War Encampment
Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10 am to 4 pm
Historic Court Circle, Main Street
Visit with Revolutionary-era soldiers, their families and camp followers as they interpret camp life during the War for Independence.
* Gather around the soldier's tents as they explain the history of their unit
* Join in the drilling of "volunteers"
* Witness black powder firing demonstrations
* Meet an 18th century pharmacist
* Learn the favorite children's games of the period