The 7th Virginia Regiment of the Continental Line Returns to Gloucester!
They were here in 1776 and now they are back!
Revolutionary War Encampment
Saturday, May 27, 2017
10 am to 4 pm
Historic Court Circle, Main Street
Visit with Revolutionary-era soldiers, their families and camp followers as they interpret camp life during the War for Independence.
* Gather around the soldier's tents as they explain the history of their unit
* Join in the drilling of "volunteers"
* Witness black powder firing demonstrations
* Meet an 18th century pharmacist
* Learn the favorite children's games of the period