| 1st EVER
Community Volunteer Month
Presented by Gloucester Resource Council in partnership
with Gloucester Community Engagement
During April 2017, the Gloucester Resource Council is inviting community members of all ages to “BEE INVOLVED” and “BEE OF SERVICE” to others by connecting with an organization needing worker bees!
Volunteers in Gloucester support and assist many local organizations that are doing wonderful work in our community. By delivering meals, mentoring a youth, assisting adults with reading, providing non-emergency medical transportation, caring for pets waiting for adoption, picking up litter, coaching a youth team, assisting with basic home repairs, bettering our parks, recycling to help cancer patients, or 101 other varied and interesting opportunities, you will BEE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
To publicize your organization's volunteer needs or to BEE INVOLVED, click one of the links below.
To find out more contact Gloucester Community Engagement at 804-693-5730 or send an email to Amanda Wallace.
- People who volunteer lead longer, happier, healthier lives.
- Family volunteering helps children cultivate positive values such as caring and empathy, develops a commitment to service, now and in the future and increases family togetherness.
- Volunteering helps strengthens communities and helps address community problems.
- Volunteering transforms the lives both of those being helped and those helping.
- One person can make a great difference.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi