Access to Online Records
Civil & Criminal Case Information
Gloucester County Circuit Court Civil and Criminal case information can be obtained from the Supreme Court Case Management System, which is used by most of the Circuit Courts in the Commonwealth.
- Access case information, then Select “Gloucester County Circuit Court; click “Begin;” select division “Civil or Criminal.” Searches can be conducted by “Name,” “Case Number,” or “Hearing Date.”
- If you search by “Name” and there is more that one case number assigned, then you will need to select the appropriate case number. The “Case Details” page is then displayed; it provides the parties’ names, hearings, and disposition of the case.
- “Case Number” searches provide the same information; however, you use that number to access it. When searching civil matters, remember to use upper case “CL” before the ten-digit number (example: CL09000000-00). Likewise, when searching criminal matters, remember to use upper case “CR” before the ten-digit number (example: CR09000000-00).
- To search by “Hearing Date” select the calendar to the right of the hearing date shown. Then select the case number you want from the list. Then select the number and the case information will be displayed.
Secured Remote Access
The Clerk’s Office offers Remote Access to Land Records Management System via the internet through paid subscription only and subject to approval of the Clerk. The prepaid fee for this service is $150 per user, per quarter. To obtain a subscription, complete the Secured Remote Access User’s Agreement (SRA) (PDF), and mail it together with the fee to:
Attention: R. Fisher
Clerk of Circuit Court
7400 Justice Drive
Gloucester, VA 23061
The following records are available through secured remote access:
- Deeds and Land records from September 1, 1994 to present
- Financing Statements from September 1, 1994 to present
- General Miscellaneous Records from August 5, 1993 to present
- Judgments from October 18, 1993 to present