Virginia has one of the lowest average net costs for Worker’s Compensation in the country as well as one of the lowest Unemployment Insurance Rates.
Typical commute to work is 30 to 40 minutes.
Unemployment Rate (June 2019)
- County of Gloucester - 2.7% - Virginia - 2.9% - United States - 3.8%
Exceptional Sources of Labor
- College Students - over 90,000 students attending area colleges and universities are available for full or part-time employment opportunities.
- Exiting Military - Each year over 13,000 military personnel retire or are discharged from area military bases and seek employment.
- Military Spouses - 30,000 military spouses residing in the area seek full or part-time employment opportunities.
- Seasonal Workers - the region’s tourism industry creates over 10,000 seasonal jobs during the summer months. These seasonal workers provide an additional labor pool to companies with personnel peaks at other times of the year.