County operates and maintains a public water distribution system.
- Average consumption: 0.84 MGD.
- Groundwater treated by a reverse osmosis membrane plant
- Maximum safe yield of the supply: 3.0 MGD (Reservoir) and 2.0 MGD Reverse Osmosis Wells
- System is supplied by a surface water reservoir and conventional water treatment plant
- Total reservoir storage capacity: 1,460 million gallons (MG)
- Treatment Plant Capacity: 2.1 million gallons per day (MGD), surface plant: 2.0 MGD RO Plant
Sewer Collection & Treatment
Waste-water is collected by Gloucester County and conveyed to the Hampton Roads Sanitation District for treatment.
Solid Waste Disposal
- CC Number 1 located at 6550 Beehive Drive, near the Animal Shelter (and the closed landfill)
- CC Number 2 located at 3603 Waste Management Way, at MPLRF (the active landfill)
- CC Number 3 located at 7599 Guinea Road, behind the VDOT Park and Ride
- CC Number 4 located at Gum Fork at 5122 Hickory Fork Road
- CC Number 5 located at Dutton at 10403 Burkes Pond Road
Cellular and digital services provided by
Local and long distance service provided by