County operates and maintains a public water distribution system.
- Average consumption: 0.84 MGD.
- Groundwater treated by a reverse osmosis membrane plant
- Maximum safe yield of the supply: 3.0 MGD (Reservoir) and 2.0 MGD Reverse Osmosis Wells
- System is supplied by a surface water reservoir and conventional water treatment plant
- Total reservoir storage capacity: 1,460 million gallons (MG)
- Treatment Plant Capacity: 2.1 million gallons per day (MGD), surface plant: 2.0 MGD RO Plant
Sewer Collection & Treatment
Waste-water is collected by Gloucester County and conveyed to the Hampton Roads Sanitation District for treatment.
Solid Waste Disposal
County residents may self-haul their household waste to any of five Convenience Centers (CC) operated by Waste Management located in the County, and it will be disposed at no charge. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Convenience Center locations are:
- CC Number 1 located at 6550 Beehive Drive, near the Animal Shelter (and the closed landfill)
- CC Number 2 located at 3603 Waste Management Way, at MPLRF (the active landfill)
- CC Number 3 located at 7599 Guinea Road, behind the VDOT Park and Ride
- CC Number 4 located at Gum Fork at 5122 Hickory Fork Road
- CC Number 5 located at Dutton at 10403 Burkes Pond Road
- Cellular and digital services provided by Cox Communications and Verizon
- Local and long distance service provided by Cox Communications and Verizon