Gloucester County Public Utilities is committed to meeting the present and future water needs of our customers by meeting and/or exceeding all federal, state and local regulations with regard to water quality. In addition, great pride is taken by the department in responding to customers' concerns and inquiries in an efficient, polite and professional manner. The department provides water service to approximately 4,500 accounts and sewer service to approximately 1,300 accounts.
The department operates from three locations: the Business/Customer Service Office is located at 7384 Carriage Court, the Maintenance Shop is located at 6936 Main Street and the Gloucester County Water Treatment Plant, a 2MGD facility; adjacent to the facility is the Beaverdam Reservoir.
Application For Water and/or Sewer Service
To receive service, an Application for Water and/or Sewer Service (PDF) needs to be completed and signed at least 24 hours prior to the service start date. There is a fee of $30 to transfer the account, which may be paid at the time of sign up for service or added to the first month's bill. In addition to the transfer fee, tenants are required to pay deposits of $60 for water service and $40 for sewer service, if available (deposits are required to be paid prior to startup of service, cash or check only). The deposit will be applied to the final bill when the service is terminated.
- 2017 Consumer Confidence Report
- Backflow Prevention Device Test Report (PDF)
- Chloramines Disinfection Process (PDF)
- Gloucester County Public Utilities Assessment Final Report (PDF)
- Sample of New Utility Bill (PDF)
- Application for Water and or Sewer Service (PDF)
- Special Order by Consent (PDF)
- Gloucester County Water and Wastewater Master Plan Report
- 2018 Consumer Confidence Report