The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office only accepts applications for employment when vacancies exist. Submitted applications are actively kept on file for one year and only considered if a position is available. The application process for sworn and non-sworn personnel is as follows:
- Submit a completed application (PDF), typed resume, and notary page by mail or in person at:
7502 Justice Drive
Gloucester, VA 23061
- Applications must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- An initial check will be made of your criminal history, driving record, and credit. Please review the appointment criteria and job requirement descriptions.
- Applicants may be contacted for a panel interview. This is a question and answer session comprised of members of the office. Successful candidates move on to the next phase.
- Background investigation by a Criminal Investigator and a check of listed and non-listed references.
- Polygraph examination.
- Staff reviews of top applicants and a conditional offer of employment.
- Medical examination and drug screening.
- Psychological examination.
- New employee start date.
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A separate application is required for each position. Employment applications may also be obtained by visiting the lobby of the Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office.
For notification when a position becomes available, please follow our Facebook page.
|Auxiliary Law Enforcement Academy - Starts January 2021 - Recruiting applicants through October 15, 2020
The Gloucester Sheriff's Office is pleased to announce we are seeking applicants for our next Law Enforcement Auxiliary Academy, to begin on January 9th, 2021 and will run through November 17th, 2021. The Academy will run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 10pm and (approximately) three out of four Saturdays from 8am to 5pm. Upon completion of academy and field training, graduates will obtain their state certification and may seek employment as certified law enforcement officers. Interested candidates should complete our job application in it's entirety (see "Application Process" above or an application may be obtained from our lobby) and submit the completed paperwork to Captain David Shield by October 15th, 2020.
|Corrections Deputy $35,881 to $40,000, depending on qualifications Closes October 2nd, 2020|
|Both certified and uncertified candidates are encouraged to apply. See job description below for more information.|
|911 Dispatcher - Part time $16.24 to $17.21 per hour, 24 hours a week Closes October 2nd, 2020|
|See job description below for more information.|