The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office only accepts applications for employment when vacancies exist. Submitted applications are actively kept on file for one year and only considered if a position is available. The application process for sworn and non-sworn personnel is as follows:
- Submit a completed application (PDF), typed resume, and notary page by mail or in person at:
7502 Justice Drive
Gloucester, VA 23061
- Applications must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- An initial check will be made of your criminal history, driving record, and credit. Please review the appointment criteria and job requirement descriptions.
- Applicants may be contacted for a panel interview. This is a question and answer session comprised of members of the office. Successful candidates move on to the next phase.
- Background investigation by a Criminal Investigator and a check of listed and non-listed references.
- Polygraph examination.
- Staff reviews of top applicants and a conditional offer of employment.
- Medical examination and drug screening.
- Psychological examination.
- New employee start date.
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A separate application is required for each position. Employment applications may also be obtained by visiting the lobby of the Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office.
For notification when a position becomes available, please follow our Facebook page.
|Certified Law Enforcement Deputy $41,932 to $50,000 based on qualifications and experience Closes November 9th, 2020|
|Uniform Patrol position. Stipend for education offered as well. See below for job description.|
|Cook / Jail $25,247 per year Closes November 9th, 2020|
|Monday through Thursday position, 10 hours a day / 40 hours per week. See below for job description.|
|911 Dispatcher - Part time $16.24 to $17.21 per hour, 24 hours a week Open until filled|
|See job description below for more information.|