- 9:30 a.m.
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- Community Room
Gloucester Main Library
6920 Main Street
Gloucester, VA 23061
Participation is open to agencies, organizations, and businesses, with community service functions within Gloucester County, and any citizen of Gloucester County. Each agency represented at a meeting shall be entitled to one vote although attendance by more than one person from any group shall be permitted.
The Gloucester County Resource Council is a network of human service organizations in Gloucester who meet monthly to share ideas, information and resources. Cooperative, inter-agency efforts are planned and initiated in an attempt to maximize community resources and minimize duplication of services. It is hoped that by sharing information and building awareness of current community services and resources more planned extension of services and resources will occur as well as cooperative creation of new opportunities and resources.
The Gloucester Resource Council promotes:
- Bridging / Connecting Groups
- Catalyst for Action
- Coordinating Activities and Services
- Filling Service Gaps
- Identifying Needs
- Information Sharing
- Volunteer Development
- Celebrate Families – A Day of Free Family Events and Activities!
- Citizen's Guide to Local Government & Community Resources
- Community EXPO
- Welcome Aboard New Resident Packet
The Prevention Council is a sub-council of the Resource Council assisting in:
- Child Care Recruitment and Training Support
- Planning for Youth Assessment / Survey
- Promotion and Use of Gifts-In-Kind Program
- Providing money to Community Organizations to Support Programs
- Recreational Programs
- Resource Guide to Youth
- Youth Representation on Council
- Youth Scholarships for Camping and Enrichment Opportunities
- Youth Tutorial Program