Gloucester Resource Council
- 9:30 a.m.
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- Zoom until further notice
- Community Room
Gloucester Main Library
6920 Main Street
Gloucester, VA 23061
Gloucester Resource Council (GRC) participation is open to agencies, organizations, churches, and businesses, with community service functions within Gloucester County, and any citizen of Gloucester County. Each agency represented at a meeting shall be entitled to one vote although attendance by more than one person from any group shall be permitted.
The GRC is a network of human service organizations in Gloucester who meet monthly to share ideas, information, and resources. Cooperative, inter-agency efforts are planned and initiated in an attempt to maximize community resources and minimize duplication of services.
Vision: The GRC will serve as the coordinating body for organizations with community service missions, to promote solutions for local concerns by utilizing and developing resources.
Mission: The GRC, serving residents of Gloucester County, is a network of community resources gathered to identify gaps, promote agency services, encourage collaboration, and advocate for the needs of the community.
The GRC promotes:
- Collaborating and coordinating activities and services
- Creating a stronger sense of community
- Identifying needs and filling service gaps
- Networking and information sharing
- Volunteer development
Follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information!
Accomplishments and Successes
- 2016 VACo (Virginia Association of Counties Achievement) Recipient for the Community Needs Network
- Assistance Brochure to provide quick access to resources across the county.
- Census Complete Count Committee to increase participation in the 2020 Census.
- Community Needs Network to address unmet needs in the community.
- COVID-19 Response to reduce strain on families during remote learning through WIFI hubs and food distribution.
- Gloucester United Emergency Shelter Team (GUEST) to engage a cohort of churches to support shelter needs.
- GRC Facebook to provide ongoing information and connections.
- Past Events:
- Poverty Simulation to sensitize providers to the realities faced by low-income households.
- Celebrate Families – A Day of Free Family Events and Activities
- Community EXPO