Gloucester Point Beach Park
- ADA Accessible
- Boat Ramp
- Dogs Allowed
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
Due to COVID-19 Gloucester Point Beach is currently CLOSED to ALL activities except for fishing and exercising
•Fishing is only permitted from pier
•Sunbathing and other beach activities non-exercise related are prohibited
•Playground is closed
•Groups of 10+ are prohibited
•Maintain social distance of 6'
•No restroom access is provided
Disregarding these rules may result in park closure
The Point Walk
- The Point Walk is a self-guided interpretative walk along the York River.
- View the brochure (PDF).
- Fishing Pier License sponsored by Gloucester Tourism.
- No Fishing License required for fishing from pier. You must register with the Virginia Fisherman ID Program by calling 800-723-2728 or online.
- Night fishing is allowed at GPBP while the Park is closed (11 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily). Exception, when the park is closed due to damage. Only the pier is open, not the park areas.
- Picnic Shelter and Gazebo may be reserved. Email parks and recreation or call 804-693-2355 (during regular business hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) to check availability.
- View the Virginia Health Department Swimming Advisories.
- All dogs must be on a leash. Please bring your pooper-scooper too!
- Swimming in designated area only, please obey all signs.
- No lifeguards.
- No open fires.
- Children under the age of 13 must have adult supervision.
- Personal motor craft launch area is located between Gazebo and Boat Landing.
- Large boat trailer parking area.
- Metal detectors may only be used on the beach. Gloucester County shall retain ownership of items: human or animal remains over 100 years old, items having a value of over $1,000 and artifacts older than 50 years. Contact the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department to relinquish an item or if assistance is needed with determination or clarification of an item 804-693-2355 or email parks and recreation.
- Gazebo with beautiful view, great spot for a wedding!
- For safety reasons, golfing and bounce houses are not allowed in County Parks.
- Alcohol is not permitted on County Property.